A couple of days ago, I wrote about one of my “secret weapons” for surviving while in the toxic environment of the narcissist. I wrote about using a morning ritual… The Magical Dawn Ritual), to help you build a solid foundation of positivity & safety, for each day. I perform my morning ritual, every day, as a way to lessen the effects of my narcissist’s abuse on my psyche. A way to surround myself in a bubble of divine protection, so to speak, where the narcissist can not (fully) reach me.
One of the activities I practice, during my morning ritual is Affirmations/Visualizations. I know that most people separate those into two separate exercises, but I find them to be more powerful when combined. I call them “Visual Affirmations”. And, I don’t just use any affirmations- I use some very specific, anti-narcissist affirmations, that protect me, and guide me in a healthy direction…These are powerful affirmations. Healing affirmations. Each time I practice these affirmations, I feel stronger, more grounded. More steady. I feel a sort of detachment developing, from my circumstance, and that is such an amazing, powerful thing.
These Visual Affirmations help me to shield myself from the daily abuse, and frustration, I have to deal with… and even more importantly, I feel that these specific Visual Affirmations, protect me from suffering the WORST possible damage that a narcissist can inflict upon his victims… becoming just like him. I want you to have this sort of protection, too.
First, I’ll explain how to do Visual Affirmations, as opposed to regular affirmations. It’s pretty much what it sounds like, but nevertheless…here goes.
HOW TO DO VISUAL AFFIRMATIONS:
- Sit with your list of affirmations & read each one to yourself.
- Take out a clean sheet of paper, or start a new page in a journal. Write down the first visual affirmation.
- As you are writing, imagine that what you are writing is already true for you.
- Once you finish writing the affirmation, sit for a minute, and concentrate on feeling the truth of the statement. Visualize what it would look like, if that statement were true for you. Focus intensely on what it would feel like, if that statement was already true for you.
- Repeat steps 2-4, for the rest of the affirmations on your list.
That’s it…that’s all there is to it. Pretty simple, right? And yet, it is such a powerful process. The emotion you put into it, is the magic ingredient, so make sure you pack each affirmation with as much emotion as you possibly can.
And now, without further ado, here is a list of some very powerful affirmations. Use them often…every day!
* I am safe. The world is a friendly place.
* I ask for what I want & know the universe provides all that I need.
* I am divinely guided, and protected, at all times.
* It is safe for me to look within. All that I seek is already within me.
* The past has no power over me. I accept people just as they are.
* I am willing to see how & where I need to change. I let go of any patterns that no longer serve me.
* I expect life to be easy & full of joy. I handle all my experiences with love, wisdom & ease.
* I am ready to let go of all guilt, hurt, resentment, and fear.
* I am surrounded by love. Love flows through me & touches everyone I meet.
* I am beautiful, healthy, vibrant, and strong.
* My thinking is calm, peaceful & centered. I easily solve all problems.
* I only speak positively & lovingly. Negativity has no place in my world.
* I love and accept myself unconditionally. I am perfect just as I am.
Hi. I’m Story Lynne, (a.k.a. The Narcissist’s Wife). Nice to meet you. I’m the mother of 4 amazing kids, the (soon-to-be-ex) wife of a narcissist, and the author of this blog. I’m also a teacher, a healer, an intuitive empath, and Angel Card Reader.
I love fairies, angels, the color pink, anything sparkly, and Legos. (the Elves are my absolute favorites). I also love fixing cars, building shit, and shooting my bow (as in, bow and arrow).